ThinCats Australia is regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) and is the holder of an Australian financial services licence (No. 488196).
ThinCats Australia provides a means for wholesale investors (including qualifying sophisticated investors, professional investors, high-net-worth investors and trustees of self-managed superannuation funds) to earn attractive returns by lending fractional amounts on secured loans to growing Australian small and medium sized companies.
By operating as a peer-to-peer lending platform, we connect potential investors with companies that require funding. We work with borrowers either directly or through our network of Referral Partners, to prepare detailed credit submissions on behalf of the borrowers.
Each loan is listed on our platform with supporting documentation including an information memorandum. Lenders can choose the loans they are interested in and lend a portion of the total amount sought by each borrower (minimum $1,000) thereby making their own lending decisions and diversifying portfolio risk. Borrowers are able to fund their loan requirements through multiple lenders.
It is important that you are aware of the risks of peer-to-peer lending which are elaborated here.
click here on our 2-minute explainer video
Key Benefits For Lenders
• Free membership
• Gross Returns from 10% p.a. to 16% p.a.
• Losses to date over 8 years <5%
• Ability to lend small amounts across a broad portfolio of loans and diversify risk
• Attractive interest rates on Principal and Interest (P&I) loans
• Loans secured by charge over business assets, personal guarantees of directors and second mortgages in some cases
• Detailed credit submissions prepared on behalf of borrowers by finance professionals
• Separate nominee company holds client monies in trust and executes loan documentation on behalf of lenders
• Real time reporting of all holdings and transactions available online
• Periodic monitoring of loans
Who Can Be A Member
Wholesale investors, including qualifying sophisticated investors, professional investors, high-net-worth investors and trustees of self-managed superannuation funds, can be members of the ThinCats Australia platform.
• To be considered a ‘wholesale investor’ the Australian Corporations Act and Regulations requires an investor to have:
• 1) aggregate net assets of at least $2.5 million; OR 2) aggregate gross income for each of the last two financial years of at least $250,000 a year.
• Overseas residents who meet the above criteria can also be members of the platform.